The principal aims of the Ponteland Neighbourhood Plan are as follows:-
- To provide a local framework for the future development of the designated area that complies with national planning policies and the Core Strategy of the Local Planning Authority.
- To provide a local framework for the future development of the designated area that will meet the needs, expectations and aspirations of the majority of the community, comprising residents, businesses and service providers who live or work within the designated area.
- To provide a local framework for future development that will improve the quality of the natural and built environment within the designated area whilst also conserving all that is best from our heritage.
- To encourage appropriate development in Ponteland that meets the objectively assessed needs and priorities of the community including, but not limited to, general housing, affordable housing, education, health care, employment, retail, leisure, transport, car parking and infrastructure facilities.
- To provide a local framework for future development that recognises and supports the important role that voluntary and charitable organisations play in the life of the community.
- To provide a local framework for future development that recognises the particular needs of the younger members of our community and encourages them to contribute positively to the protection and enhancement of their environment.
- To maximise community awareness, influence and participation in planning the future development of Ponteland
10th February 2013